Pressure washing is the process of using high-pressure water spray to remove mould, dirt, dust, grime and other waste from surfaces such as vehicles and buildings. Pressure washers can leave surfaces sparkling clean and refreshed. With Pressure washers, you can easily clean a car and even an entire house, without having to scrub hard at surfaces in an attempt to remove dirt and dust from them. No wonder pressure washers are currently in high demand. A good pressure washer removes dirt and dust by a series of actions aided by a very high speed. They use much less water compared to a garden hose, and many of them come with just enough accessories for a variety of uses and maintenance purposes.
Nowadays, there are different kinds of pressure washers for various uses available in the market. Some have enhanced features that allow you to pour detergent into the water stream before use. In this article, we will review six different pressure washers, their features, important factors to consider before purchasing them and their pros and cons.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A PRESSURE WASHER
Cleaning your home and environs can be a tedious task, especially during summer. Under a short while, mud, dirt, smug, and greasy substances can cover the surface of your garden and furniture. Pressure washers are valuable tools and they become a necessity when a tedious cleaning job needs to be done. But, don’t just rush to the market and buy any pressure washer offered by any sweet-talking sales agent, you just might end up making a bad choice. You need to take some factors into considerations and ask yourself the following question before purchasing that pressure washer on your budget list.
PRICE: Depending on your budget, the price should be an important factor to consider before buying any pressure washer. There is no need to go for very expensive brands when you only need a pressure washer to cater for simple cleaning chores around your home.
PRESSURE BAR: Water can hit the surface you are cleaning at different rates. It could be high or low depending on the type of washer you need and for what purpose. If you will be doing deep cleaning often, then it’s wise to buy a pressure washer that offers more pressure.
WATER FLOW (I/H): Flow rate is vital when choosing a pressure washer. How many liters of water can the pressure washer make use of per minute? Some washers allow you to reduce and increase the water flow as needed. But, ensure that the flow rate is consistent with your cleaning needs.
DETERGENT INTAKE: Sometimes, you might need to clean a large surface area where dust has accumulated for years, this will need lots of detergent for effective cleaning. Some washers allow you to fill in detergent as use them.
MOTOR: Your choice of a washer depends on your cleaning need and flexibility of use. Pressure washers could be air-cooled or water-cooled. This relates to how the motor is kept cooled when the washer is in use. Although, the demand for water-cooled pressure washers are recently on the increase due to its high level of efficiency and durability.
A pressure washer can clean almost anything it’s designed for, weather will be an important factor to consider too. A large percentage of buyers prefer to choose the electric powered pressure washer because it requires less maintenance and sells for a lower price compared to gasoline.
USES OF A PRESSURE WASHER
Lots of people use pressure washers for different purposes. According to research, pressure washing companies employ more than a hundred thousand people in the US alone and generate more than $9billion in revenue annually. Below are some common uses of a pressure washer;
- Window washing
- Pool clearing
- Outdoor maintenance
- Garden maintenance
- Drain, gutter, and duct clearing
- Furniture maintenance
- Car and truck wash
- Paving, concrete or decking wash
- Front entrance stairs and walkways cleaning
Best pressure Washers
Aside from making your home beautiful. Pressure washers offer lots of other additional benefits. It plays a crucial role in safeguarding your health and property. A diligent use of a pressure washer will save you a lot of stress as it can easily erase mould and dust particles from surfaces such as your patio, deck, furniture, cars are a few examples of things you can clean using a pressure washer. Below, we present you six of the best pressure washers currently on sale;
The KARCHER K4 has unique features that make it suitable for cleaning a variety of surfaces in the home such as cars, and wood. It has a 3-year warranty and can clean up to 30m2 per hour. It’s a 1800W pressure washer with a flow rate of 420 litres per hour. It has a dirt blaster spray lance, vario power spray lance, and a surface cleaner brush.
- Weight (kg): 11.42kg
- Hose Length(m): 6m
- Cable length (m): 5m
- Depth (mm): 397mm
- Power output: 1800 W
- Powered by: Electricity
- Voltage: 230V
- Maximum temperature range: 40 degree
- Flow rate: 420I/h
- Carry handle: Yes
- Variable jet patterns: Yes
- Steam pressure (bar): 130.00
- Automatic cord rewinder: No
- Looped handle: Yes
- Best for cleaning large surfaces quickly.
- Suitable for patios and deck.
- It’s very easy to change the power lances. It is perfect for cleaning furniture and brickwork.
- It’s an all-around good washer with powerful accessories and functions for maximum usage.
- It’s bulky and quite heavy to pull around.
- The power gun isn’t very easy to switch around as well.
The Bosch High Pressure Washer AQT 37-13+ is of the durable and sturdy type designed to make washing and cleaning real fun. You can easily get rid of the toughest dirt and dust with this pressure washer. It’s a very powerful electric pressure washer which can power wash your cars, furniture, patios, brick walls, and even gutters. We know that there are dirt’s and there are dirt’s, but not all dirt can be cleaned easily using a garden hose and soap. An attempt might leave the surface far worse than it was initially. Whether it’s mud or dust that has accumulated for several years on a particular surface or just some tiny visible particles of dust lying on a surface this pressure washer will certainly do a nice job on it.
- Weight (kg): 6.5kg
- Detergent bottle: Yes
- Carry handle: Yes
- Dirt blaster nozzle: Yes
- Looped handle: Yes
- Hose Length (m): 6m
- Rotating brush: Yes
- Cord storage: Yes
- Water flow (I/h): 370
- Motor (watts): 1700
- Pressure (bar): 130
- Auto-stop system
- Quick-connect SDS fittings
- Adjustable wheel and handle
- Two years Warranty
- This pressure washer is capable of dispensing up to 370 litres of water per hour which makes it easy for cleaning and washing areas where dust and dirt have accumulated.
- It doesn’t require a complex arrangement or fixing after purchase. You can easily connect t electricity and start work.
- It also has an automatic switch off capability which helps to save energy and prolong the equipment’s life.
- It comes with a two-year warranty.
- The hose is not as strong as you would hope.
The KARCHER K2 COMPACT PRESSURE WASHER is currently among one of the bestselling on the market. Below is a brief summary of the specifications and attributes of this pressure washer. It’s considered the cheapest of the Karcher’s model, but it’s more versatile than other cheap pressure washers. It has a lightweight structure and excellent cleaning abilities. It’s perfect for homes with restricted storage area and still desires a perfect cleaning job. In spite of its small size, it still packs a powerful punch with 110 bar pressure which makes it capable of cleaning up to 20m2/hr.
- Power: 1400W
- Flow rate: 80 Bar Output
- water pressure: 360I/h
- Assembled size: 44x28x18cm
- hose length: 3.6m
- Weight: 4.7kg
- Power cable length: 5m
- Fixed jet nozzle: Yes
- Rotating jet nozzle: Yes
- Two years warranty.
- It is lightweight compared to other pressure washers, and it is ideal for all types of cleaning around the home front and garden.
- It has just the necessary components you need to operate it functionally.
- It doesn’t come with the many accessories that most pressure washers come with when purchased.
The WORX WG629E.1 18V 20V MAX Cordless HYDROSHOT portable pressure washer can work within two power range of 60PSI and 360PSI, and it can easily draw water from just about anywhere using a filtered hose that connects to the lance. It’s a 20V cordless tool that works on rechargeable battery. With this power cleaner, you can easily clean your home and garden. Worx is a company known for producing valuable tools needed for home and garden maintenance and upkeep. They have representatives in America, Australia, and Europe. They have a good reputation for quality and durable products. Below are some of the significant features of this machine.
- Rechargeable battery powered
- Adjustable spray angle (0, 15, 25, 40, and watering)
- Battery recharger included
- Adjustable front extension bar
- It can clean all kind of surfaces.
- It has a much higher pressure compared to a standard nozzle and has a gentle feel on all surfaces, hence; it does not suffer from surface damage as a result of a hard wash.
- Its spray angle is fully adjustable to fit many situations.
- This machine spray covers a lot of ground in a short while.
- You can easily spray water in any of its five different spray patterns or set it up for watering.
- Its spray pattern is similar to raindrops, this is very effective when watering your plants, as it cannot cause any form of damage to them due to an even spray force.
- Not as Durable as other pressure washers in the market
- Using it outside your home and yard can be cumbersome.
The KARCHER K7 is similar to the KARCHER K4 full control home’s design and style, the only noticeable difference is that it’s bigger and heavier. But, it comes with more innovative features. It has an improved patio washer and a pointy front for edges and corners. It has an array of accessories, and it has two lances that can easily be joined together to create a double length lance. The detergent dosage is easy to regulate with a simple button and LED display on the touch control tiger gun. The hose is also stored on a handy reel alongside onboard storage for other tools. It has a plug and clean detergent system that makes its application mess free. This model has a home kit with a T450 patio cleaner for hard surfaces.
- Power: 2800 Watts
- Power: source wired
- Weight: 18kg
- Hose length: 10m
- Maximum pressure: 600m
- Minimum pressure: 180m
- Color: yellow
- Dimensions: L66.7 X W46X3 X H33cm
- 5 year Warranty
- Suitable for medium and heavy tasks
- It is the most powerful washer in the Karcher’s domain range.
- It is ideal for any cleaning task around the home.
- It lacks a compartment where its cables can be nicely stored.
The NILFISK C 110 BAR PRESSURE WASHER has a sturdy and well-built structure. Its pressure is around 110 bar. It is very portable and lightweight. Furthermore, it comes with a variety of accessories too. A new feature recently added to the Nilfisk brand is the power grip which allows you to easily adjust the pressure of the water. Below are some of the key features of this product;
- Pressure bar 110
- Motor watts 1400
- Water suction with adaptor
- Motor universal air-cooled motor
- Cord length 5m
- Perfect for cars, bikes, and patio furniture
- Water flow (I/h) 440
- Spray gun water gun
- This model of Nilfisk pressure washer comes with a lot of accessories such as spray handle, extension lance, nozzle, foam sprayer, power speed nozzle, and a patio cleaner.
- It comes with an inbuilt pump to prevent damage.
- May not be sufficient for deep cleaning due to its limited pump pressure.